Thursday, July 23, 2009

Treasures Unearthed

Today's post is in reference to Seth's invitation to "Dig for Buried Treasure". I've picked two to bring back today. The first treasure is actually of two videos. Not of my own work but a collection of beautiful images set to music....and in re-visiting this one of my favorites, I discovered there is another one on YouTube of one of my favorite artists and the women in his paintings (Adolph Bougeureau). Many of you will have seen the first video before, but if you're like me, the beauty of the images and the accompanying music never fail to please.
For my post from June 8, 2007, click here
and Bougeureau's Women in Art

....and finally my second buried treasure (at least in my own eyes)
This painting was commissioned and I was so happy with how it turned out. This one was done in oils. I tend to lean
more toward acrylics because of the playful, experimental nature of it, but I must make more time for oils....and when I
can tear myself away from digging for more treasures from other bloggers, I may just do that!
Thanks for looking : > )

7 comments:

Marit said...

Thanks for digging and sharing this. It's very inspirational - I love meeting new people/blogs by bloghopping the "collaborators" of the buried treasures project!!!

Unknown said...

Love the peonies! Have always wanted to paint them. Glad you shared.

ArtPropelled said...

Your peony painting is very beautiful.

Kim Palmer said...

I must admit I have seen the video clip before but it never fails to please and enjoyed watching it again, and again, and...LOL! Your peonies are beautiful! Oh to be able to paint like this! Thank you for stopping in and leaving a post on my blog too. Love to hear from everyone out there in blog land!

Mary S. Hunt said...

i have seen it before and enjoyed it again!
and i will enjoy it when i see it again
:)

here is to meeting you off seths list

Caterina Giglio said...

Your peonies are fantastic! beautiful! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

You are a truly gifted artist with MANY talents! Thanx for sharing the Women in Art videos as well!