Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yellow Rose with Berries

6" x 6" x 1.5"
Yellow Roses with Berries
$80
I took this photo with my iPad so I will re-shoot during tomorrow's daylight.
I am bad at not keeping my devices charged.  I like this one better than I thought I would.   You know how it is when you lose interest in a subject and yet I started it anyway.  The color is a bit garish in this image.  It's much nicer
in reality.
I just finished one of a pair of dog portraits and decided to fit this rose painting in between.  The original photo of the dog is a 2 inch 72 dpi image of a dog that is no longer so re-taking the photo is out of the question.  It was a challenge to paint all the nuances when it is so pixilated.  So I guess I needed
to paint an image with good references

....have just added the better photo.

No comments: