Thursday, August 04, 2011

Catching Up

I've been anxious to get back to my small format paintings.   The summer weather slowed me down a bit but although I didn't work oils I did quite a few watercolors in the last two weeks.  
The painting I'm posting today was 98% finished several weeks ago but I did need to tweak a few things about it and I still might.  It is a study for a larger vertical format painting that I would like to do of a tall vase of white gladiolas and I wasn't sure about the color palette but now that I've done this smaller version, I think I like it enough to continue.


White Jug, Green Apple
6" x 6" x 1.5" Oil on wood panel

2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

I saw this painting on DPW. I love the color palette! You did a great job on the values. There isn't a lot of contrast in the values of the pitcher and bowl, but you achieved depth and volume in the space. I love these pale greens. Beautiful!

SYLVIANE said...

Your painting has a strong character!