Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun with Flowers and Photoshop

I've been painting with watercolors for the past two weeks because of some illustration work that I'm doing. I forget how much I enjoy it.  These two florals are painted from single flowers that I      photographed for reference from my garden and then assembled in Photoshop......just playing. I'll try and do more while the garden has this variety available to me.  There are the Hosta flowers, yellow Rudbeckia's, Dahlias and Cosmos with a few nasturtium too.  I must get some lillies in there next time.
The grouping on the left was simply assembled in various layers playing with the hue, saturation, rotation and scale.  The same flowers were grouped differently on the right and had some additional filters applied which seemed to enhance the water-colour effect.


No comments: