Sunday, August 30, 2009

September!

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer and oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." — Stanley Horowitz ...
I love the Fall, a sentiment I think the majority of artists feel. Probably set in motion by the beginning of the school year and
the end of Summer, there's a sense getting back into a groove and feeling the urge to create with even more purpose.
I haven't written in my blog for more than a month! It's not as if I haven't anything to write about...in fact I've been quite
busy with painting and jewellery designs but distractedly so because I am leaving tomorrow to drive one of my three to Boston where he's about to start at Boston University. I'm trying not to get too emotional. It is a happy event after all. But thoughts like;
this is the last week, the last dinner, the last movie out as a family, the last favorite dessert etc. etc. keep popping up in my
head. I am trying to replace it with opportunities to scout out the Boston area for new artistic ventures which I'm sure I'll take
advantage of once I'm there. Plus I have many promising projects to return to. It does sound like I'm trying to convince myself, doesn't it?

No comments: