Friday, August 17, 2007

So Much Inspiraton - So Little Time!


Outside my window where I sit at the computer I see a constant progression of flowers in bloom. I run outside with my camera or pick up my scissors (then I don't run :>) - and pick some to arrange. A flurry of picture taking activity (especially when sunlight is involved) and then I download to my computer to sort through them. Files and files of beautiful images to choose from.......and still there are only one or two that are candidates for paintings. Sometimes a composite is required to pick the best angle, colors and shading. Here's what I took this morning. The last of the daylillies of this color that are left so I really couldn't have waited, they'll be finished by the end of the day. I didn't even take the time to set up the fabric and surrounding objects as long as I have my main subject I can always shoot those items separately.....and yes that is my coffee pot the flowers are sitting in......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have fantastic work there Joanna. I hope to be able to go to the Studio Tour.

Vicky said...

Dear Joanna,
thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog, thus giving me the oportunity to find out about you and your blog! Your work is great!
I am excited!