Friday, March 04, 2011

More In and Around the Studio...

I love the little porcelain chickadee in this painting.  It is part of a salt and pepper shaker that I picked up at the local library that runs a rummage sale every Saturday morning.  I keep telling myself that I can skip
going but then 10:00 a.m. rolls around and I run over in case I miss something like this that will make an 
appearance in one of my paintings.   One of these days I will put together another blog with photos of  the neat things I've found.  They truly are my treasures.


I become so easily distracted when I'm searching for a component.  Just looking at the containers of left
over bits from previous projects and collected demos and experiments (like etching for example) and I become mesmerized.   It's like opening up a treasure chest and just appreciating the strands of gemstones and pearls (okay snap out of it....what was I looking for?)

No comments: