Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chickadees

Chickadees (my favorite bird) have worked their way into my artwork in just about every medium I've ever done.  I just didn't realize it until now.  Here are just a few of the versions I've done recently.  Upper left is a page from
my sketchbook.  Upper right is a digital sketch done entirely with digital paints and brushes (I'm loving the never ending access to paints, papers and
tools that working digitally offer).  The middle image is a textile piece in progress.  The same image below as an oil painting.  Working with textile
offers some novel approaches as in the use of organza layered over the tree
to create a "frosty" appearance since the original photographic reference was taken in winter.
In my previous post, I mentioned that it was important (to me) that the different approaches have some common ground.  Having favorite photographic references is one of the ways I can take the leap from one to the other.
mediums should have some common ground

No comments: